logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Re logging improvements

From Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk on Sun Apr 11 09:59:10 BST 2021

Hi Gerd,

The text of diagnostic.messages patch seems to me to accurately reflect what
happens now. If someone is using a logging config file, they should
hopefully know where they are asking the output to go and I don't think the
help should mention changes.

I suggest you ignore the other uncommitted patches I've passed to you and
I'll send some new ones to clarify where we are up to.

I mentioned in the text that the Tests.patch wouldn't work with the existing
code, because of some text that was previously going to stdout going to
stderr under the completed set of patches, so I don't expect that to be
committed yet.

Cheers,
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerd Petermann [mailto:gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com]
Sent: 11 April 2021 08:46
To: Development list for mkgmap <mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Re logging improvements

Hi Mike,

I fear I'm lost in patches ;)

Maybe you didn't want me to commit diagnostics.patch?
I've tried Tests.patch with r4649 and 3 unit tests fail.
The text in diagnosticmessages.patch should be adapted to our latest
findings reg. the commit message ("diagnostic messages are now written to
stderr unless using a logging configuration without a ConsoleHandler")