logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] tile takes very long time to generate

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Apr 6 12:06:19 BST 2021

Hi Ticker,

no need for another patch at the moment. I just try to make up my mind at what places the role info should/must be used and while looking at your code I wondered how it would work.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 6. April 2021 12:59
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] tile takes very long time to generate

Hi Gerd

One of the ideas of the code is that it doesn't keep reversing all the
points as it gets to joining the ways to make a polygon. Once all the
ways have been gathered, then another stage is needed adds the points
from JoinedWay.originalWay to .points the correct order, removing the
intermediate joining points, etc.

Another part that's missing is what to do with unclosed ways, and here
I guess it can take a similar line to the existing logic.

I can do another patch, based on faster_mp branch - for real - if you
think this change is worth while.

Ticker