logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] rules test

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Mar 30 07:33:33 BST 2021

Hi Mike,

I've not written that code and I don't know why DatatypeConverter.printHexBinary is used.

@Steve: Please have a look.

Reg. Eclipse:
I use Eclipse "Version: 2020-12 (4.18.0)  Build id: 20201210-1552"
with the JRE that comes with AdoptOpenJDK\jdk-11.0.9.11-hotspot
and the JDK AdoptOpenJDK\jdk-8.0.272.10-hotspot.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Mike Baggaley <mike at tvage.co.uk>
Gesendet: Montag, 29. März 2021 23:47
An: 'Development list for mkgmap'
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] rules test

Hi Gerd,

I have been having difficulties with the mkgmap test  code which uses the
discontinued javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter for a single function
printHexBinary. Despite downloading a copy of the library and telling
Eclipse to use it, it doesn't seem to want to work. I found a replacement
bit of code on the Internet, but as I can't compare the two outputs I can't
confirm its output is identical. Can you take a look at the attached patch
which does away with the dependency on javax and allows the tests to run
under the latest version of Eclipse?

Thanks,
Mike