logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Error in mkgmaps logging class?

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Mar 15 14:28:52 GMT 2021

Hi Mike,

not sure if this will help users to use warning level as default. I see +500 warning messages for a single tile in my home area. Most of them are about problems in the data, many of those data "problems" have no effect on the map or are caused by incomplete data.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Mike Baggaley <mike at tvage.co.uk>
Gesendet: Montag, 15. März 2021 14:02
An: 'Development list for mkgmap'
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Error in mkgmaps logging class?

HI Gerd/Steve,

The current code with the handler set to SEVERE and logger set to WARNING
doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Wouldn't it be better if the default
handler level was FINE, so that just logger filters the messages. I think
warnings should be allowed through by default as well, so suggest

handler.setLevel(Level.FINE);
l.setLevel(Level.WARNING);

Cheers,
Mike