logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Flooded islands

From dfjkman at gmail.com dfjkman at gmail.com on Mon Mar 15 05:54:14 GMT 2021

Hi Karl,

I suspect the reason is that Eckerö and other smaller islands are not
included in the MP Gulf of Bothnia with an inner role, the MP is a bay,
Fasta Åland is included with role inner. This would mean that the bay will
technically over lay the islands, apart from Fasta Åland, they would be
submerged. I presume on the GPS unit the islands are showing because the
order-by-decreasing-area option has been used so the smaller islands are
rendered on top of the bay

Regards,
Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> On Behalf Of 7770
Sent: 14 March 2021 21:28
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: [mkgmap-dev] Flooded islands

Hi.
I noted that many of the islands in the Åland archipalago (between Sweden
and
Finland) are flooded.
On a GPS unit (gpsmap 66st) the land looks like land, but when howering the
pointer over the area it shows the name of the sea, not the name if the
island.

In qmapshack the islands look flooded.
I checked one of the islands (Eckerö, which is westernmost) in JOSM, i could
not find any disconnected section nor any self crossing lines or similar
issues.

I do use the pre-made sea data when i run mkgmap.
I also tried running without the pre-made sea data, but it did not change
the flooding of these islands.

Two screenshots from qmapshack added to the file upload:
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/detail/503
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/detail/504

What could be the reason for the flooding?

regards
Karl