logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] tile takes very long time to generate

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Mar 10 12:47:52 GMT 2021

Hi Ticker,

reg. thetag handling I forgot to mention the --delete-tags-file option. This would allow to remove tags like place=sea or place=island while the input file is read, but the strange handling of MP tags makes this useless.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 10. März 2021 13:42
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] tile takes very long time to generate

Hi Ticker,

I think it would be good if we could defer the actions in method MultiPolygonRelation.processElements() until the relation style rules were used. This would allow to remove rather useless relations like the place=sea or place=island MPs or maybe add a tag to tell mkgmap that only a POI is needed. No idea how much work that would be or what side effects it would have.

I've not yet checked why the mentioned MP takes soooo long, maybe it's because the MP contains some errors.