logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] tile takes very long time to generate

From Bernhard Hiller bhil at gmx.de on Tue Mar 9 08:50:40 GMT 2021

Hi Karl,
some time ago, I stumbled upon a tile which took 2 hours(!) on my machine.
With the "--polygon-file" option, the time could be reduced to less than
100 s.
See the old message in the archive:
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2017q1/026490.html
and the thread "Performance with large files":
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2017q1/thread.html#26463
Perhaps the trick helps in your case, too.
Kind regards,
Bernhard