logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Error writing overviewmap - continue at failure

From Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk on Sun Feb 28 16:47:21 GMT 2021

I have coastline in my overview of the UK down to the lowest level. At the lowest level, my overview contains just coastline, country boundaries, major cities and motorways. For an island, I would suggest the coastline is the most important thing to have in the overview.

Cheers,
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Ticker Berkin [mailto:rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk]
Sent: 28 February 2021 10:51
To: Development list for mkgmap <mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Error writing overviewmap - continue at failure

Hi

The default style has 5 levels of overview map! This seems excessive.
I'd have thought 2 or 3 would be acceptable and save a lot of space

The only contents is larger and larger cities, fast trunk roads and
motorways, some boundaries, sea and, at 3 of the 5 levels, coastline.

I don't think coastline adds anything useful to a typical map,
certainly not an overview, so dropping this would save space.

Ticker