logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Overview Too Big

From Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk on Sun Feb 28 16:38:39 GMT 2021

Hi Gerd,

Please find attached an updated patch. I'm not sure whether what I've done
is exactly what you intended - it now includes the img file name and the
MDR/RGN/TRE subfile that has exceeded the size limit in the error message. I
couldn't see a clean easy way to get at the subfile without amending every
sub file handler, so have resorted to examining the stack trace. I've also
changed the keep going handling to what works for me and seems more logical.
Let me know if you think it is not quite right.

Cheers,
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Baggaley [mailto:mike at tvage.co.uk]
Sent: 24 February 2021 13:59
To: 'Development list for mkgmap' <mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk>
Subject: RE: [mkgmap-dev] Overview Too Big

Hi Gerd,

I'll have a look at that. The patch catches the low level error and
re-throws in at a higher level in the case of the overview map. It will need
to do the same for the main map.

I notice that when the map is too big, processing does not stop, even though
I have not got --keep-going set. Looking at the code, it seems that the keep
going check is in the Throwable catcher, rather than the MapFailedException
catcher. Is this intended or a mistake? It seems to me that you'd be
unlikely to want to continue from some random error, but might want to if
the problem was known to be related to just one map.

Cheers,
Mike