logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] minor documentation improvement

From Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk on Wed Feb 24 13:45:08 GMT 2021

Oops, attached the wrong patch. Here's the correct one...

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Baggaley [mailto:mike at tvage.co.uk]
Sent: 24 February 2021 13:43
To: 'Gerd Petermann' <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>; 'Development list
for mkgmap' <mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk>
Subject: RE: [mkgmap-dev] minor documentation improvement

Hi Gerd,

>I think "Error checking options" is too strong. My understanding is that
the options enable additional plausibility checks which may help to explain
>unexpected results in routing. So, maybe "Diagnostic options" is better?
Sounds reasonable - please find an updated patch.

>reg. "POI options":
>I think the option name --link-pois-to-ways is very misleading. I think it
is much more about routing then about "points of interest" like shops or
>restaurants.
Good point, I've moved it back to the miscellaneous options. Do you think
the option should be deprecated with a better named option replacing it?

Cheers,
Mike