logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] map boundary error

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Feb 18 07:56:52 GMT 2021

Hi Mike,

I cannot reproduce your result with the command
java -jar mkgmap.jar -gmapi test.osm.
I assume you look at cached data. Did you press Ctrl+G 2 times?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Mike Baggaley <mike at tvage.co.uk>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 18. Februar 2021 01:03
An: 'Development list for mkgmap'
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] map boundary error

Hi all,

In creating a small test file I seem to have found an issue. The attached
OSM file has just 3 points and two ways form a right-angled triangle. In the
attached BaseCamp image, the blue line is the boundary of the map. Its
vertical lines contain the ways, but the horizontal lines do not. I can also
see that the road in the underlying base map enters into the blue rectangle,
suggesting that the blue line is not where the map boundary actually is. How
does this boundary line get created

Cheers,
Mike