logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] FYI Population specified on admin boundaries

From Joris Bo jorisbo at hotmail.com on Wed Feb 17 07:12:55 GMT 2021

Hi,

The French osm community decided to remove the population tag from cities and towns and add them the municipality admin-border instead.
Because of this tagging place=city can not be displayed at certain zoomlevels based on the population anymore.

I added this to the relation file to have large cities nicely popup early on lower zoomelvels again

type = boundary & boundary = administrative & population = *
{ apply role=admin_centre
  {
            set population = '${population}';
  }
}

(or bettter:  you assign it here to a new tag "population_from_boundaries" and check both in the points style to avoid accidential overwrites, which I actually did)

Kind regards,

Joris Bo
jorisbo at hotmail.com<mailto:jorisbo at hotmail.com>