logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Pending changes

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Fri Feb 12 09:37:45 GMT 2021

Hi Carlos

Some bridges are a bit of a strange case. There are a lot of areas
where I walk that are crossed by many small streams and no formal
paths, but, here and there, there are foot bridges over the streams.
These are normally mapped as [highway=path/footway, bridge=yes] and
mostly don't connect to anything, but sometime to another bridge or a
short section of unconnecting path.

I want to see these on the map, but the little bits of highway will
just cause a routing error if they are picked up as the start or end of
a route; hence my changes.

The only problem I see is if the bridge/highway is connected to the
highway network at one end only and you want to generate a route with
the start or end your of your journey the other side of bridge, then
the routing algo might find another, closer start/end point.

I could change it to be just 'set_unconnected_type' but I considered
the benefits and frequency of fixing paired isolated highway bits
outweighed an incorrect start/end point, which can be overcome by
simply starting the journey in the sensible way and the device will
recalculate or looking at the end-point route and, seeing it is stupid,
choosing a better end-point.

Ticker