logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] option : split-name-index is not working in mdr

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Jan 24 11:57:08 GMT 2021

Hi Thomas,

the option works (and it works only if there is a mdr index), but only for street names (as documented). I don't know if it is possible to apply --split-name-index also for cities. A map without a global index might work for small areas like yours, esp. if you don't want address search.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Thomas Morgenstern <webmaster at img2ms.de>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 24. Januar 2021 12:23
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] option : split-name-index is not working in mdr

Hi all, I use mkgmap r4589, create a map from canary-islands-latest.osm, with default style and following options : -split-name-index ; -index ; gmapi.
The resulting mapset has a mdr-index file, but in (german version of) Mapsource ---> Suchen---> Orte suchen --->Stadt, it is not possible to find the city 'San Miguel de Tajao'  when i only type in 'Tajao' as a part of the name. It seems for me, that the option split-name-index ist not working for the mdr-Index. The used STYLEFILE is surely not the matter. It happens with each other style.
In a second test I used only options : -split-name-index but not -index . The resulting mapset has no mdr-index, but i can search with Mapsource -->Suchen--->nächstgelegene Orte suchen --> Städte, in this case it is possible, to find 'San Miguel de Tajao' when i type in 'Tajao'.
In my mind this is a error. It seems for me, that option split-name-index is not working for mdr-index.
Regards thomas