logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] improved diagnostics patch v2

From Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk on Fri Jan 15 10:13:55 GMT 2021

HI Gerd,

That implementation of toBrowseURL doesn't handle the case where originalId
is also a generated Id (e.g. the background areas generated in SeaGenerator
which do not relate to any OSM way).

How about:
                if (FakeIdGenerator.isFakeId(id))
                       return getBasicLogInformation();

Cheers,
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerd Petermann [mailto:gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com]
Sent: 15 January 2021 07:07
To: Development list for mkgmap <mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] improved diagnostics patch v2

Hi Mike,

didn't help for my case where way.toBrowseURL() is called for a way which
was generated from a multipolygon. (WrongAngleFixer line 688)

I think I can replace toBrowseURL() with getBasicLogInformation() there and
in all other debug.log() messages. I think the urls are not helping anyway
when debugging. There are also some duplicated blanks in log messages.

My current version of toBrowseURL() looks like this:
        public String toBrowseURL() {
                if (FakeIdGenerator.isFakeId(id))
                        return "generated from " + getOrigElement() + " " +
originalId;

                return "http://www.openstreetmap.org/" + kind() + "/" + id;
        }