logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Tiles pruned in DEM map

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Jan 6 09:35:07 GMT 2021

Hi Ticker,

OK regarding the naming.
I think what I tried to point out is that the overview map probably never suffers the problem that should be solved with the order-by stuff, but on the other hand we really want to keep that map as small as possible to allow continent or maybe even planet wide overview maps.  So, I really prefer to enable the shape merging for the overview map.
A possible work around might be to merge the shapes before MapSplitter is executed. The number of points is rather small, so performance shouldn't be a problem as it is with real OSM data. We might even use java.awt.area for that.
Another question is if the --order-by could/should be disabled for the ovm_ maps.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 6. Januar 2021 10:19
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Tiles pruned in DEM map

Hi Gerd

Sorry about overview-dem-dists.

I'd prefer the Map variable to be called IsOverviewComponent to make
clear the distinction between the 2 types of overview and to be
consistent with the names used in MapBuilder. I can do a patch to this
effect.

--order-by is expected to increase the map size a bit; extra polygon
splitting (in the ovm_ and carried into the composite) is performed so
that all polygons at any given point are in the same subdivision and
some merges (in both the ovm_ and the composite) are inhibited.

An overview map is unlikely to have multiple overlayed polygons so
probably there won't be any cases where a fixed _drawOrder couldn't be
defined correctly, but it exists with the detail tiles that need a TYP
where all _drawOrders are equal.

Ticker