logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Tiles pruned in DEM map

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Jan 4 18:52:46 GMT 2021

Hi Ticker,

thanks for the patch. I'll have a closer look during the next days. I don't yet understand why shapes aren't always merged.
What is the impact on the size of the overview map? What happens for those users who create the overview map in an extra step that doesn't have the --order-by-decreasing-area option? What happens when it's the other way around, no --order-by-decreasing-area option for the tiles but --order-by-decreasing-area for the overview map?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Montag, 4. Januar 2021 19:16
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Tiles pruned in DEM map

Hi Gerd

I found another unexpected case: giving the --dem... option caused the
overview map to have NET and NOD sections

To stops surprises, we should either pass in all the args and let the
receiver of them decide what to do with them or pass in only the
presumed significant options.

I think it much better to pass them all in; the logic to decide is then
all in the place where it is significant. I've made some changes to
this effect - attached.

In the case of --order-by-decreasing area, the final overview map needs
to know that this is wanted so it can keep the polygons in the same
order in each detail tile.

The large ovm_ size is because it has a LBL section containing all the
names for all levels. Unused ones don't make it into the final overview
so I don't think this is worth bothering with.

I've removed the scans for 0x4a polygons and do the equivalent when
they are inserted per detail tile. Also I've also removed some
misleading comments

Ticker