logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Embedding raster maps

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon Jan 4 16:56:24 GMT 2021

On 04/01/2021 13:07, Oliver Eichler wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> I tested your map. It's not listed either. I have a GPSMap64s and placed it into the internal as well as into the external memory.

Attempting to use the old code was probably a mistake, I've uploaded an
empty map using a modern version of mkgmap:
   http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/detail/495

This is also in the proper gmapsupp format unlike the previous one.

> I made a minimum test.img, too. It contains no points, lines or areas. It has 3 zoom levels 22..24 with a sub-division each. I also uploaded a log from my test decoder.

> Maybe you can cross check if your device is willing to list them.

My etrex30 does not list either of them.

Re-packing the GMP file into a gmapsupp using mkgmap did not get it
listed either.

I believe that the byte at 0x40 is the start block of the FAT so in
test.img it should be 2.  Patching that byte did not make it load
though.

Cheers,
Steve