logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Garmin Topo Europe map

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Dec 27 19:08:10 GMT 2020

Hi Pierre,

my first guess would be that the level 0 is at resolution 23 instead of 24.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Pierre Brico <pierre.brico at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 27. Dezember 2020 19:37
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Garmin Topo Europe map

Hello guys,

I've just discovered the Garmin TopoActive Europe map based on OpenStreetMap data. This map is sold at a price of 50€ or is pre-installed on some new devices.
I've just seen it on the device of one of my friends and it looks very good. I'm surprised to see that for West Europe, it takes only 2.8GB and is quite complete (index for search, routable, ...).

For now, I generate my own maps based on your excellent tool but the result is much bigger (1.9GB only for France with probably more details).
So, my question is: does anybody have a similar configuration (style files and command line) to obtain a result like the Garmin TopoActive Europe ?

Thanks,
Pierre