logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Lost Waypoints with version 4589

From ael witwall3 at disroot.org on Mon Dec 21 20:27:58 GMT 2020

On Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at 07:45:22PM +0100, 7770 wrote:
> I have a GPSMAP 66st and have observed the same case.
> But i can assure you that (at least my case) had nothing to do with any map
> file.

I have seen this in the past mentioned in that blog. Those cases did not
seem to be associated with the map.

But in this recent case, nothing else except the map was changed. All
was working; I changed the map; then the Waypoints & routes were gone,
and routing had stopped working.

Could be a bug in the Garmin firmware, of course.

> I cannot say for the message "no routeable ways in this area", but i have
> created maps over almost half of europe with mkgmap 4589 just a few days ago,
> have added them to two devices and both works fine with routing.

As I say, routing is now working, at least in the few tests that I have
done so far.

ael