logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Lost Waypoints with version 4589

From 7770 7770 at foskan.eu on Mon Dec 21 18:45:22 GMT 2020

Hi.
I have a GPSMAP 66st and have observed the same case.
But i can assure you that (at least my case) had nothing to do with any map
file.
I also had to rename all waypoint files, or even remove all of them (make a
backup), restart the unit, add the files back, and then restart the unit again.
The issue seamed to occur when a one or a few waypoint files where changed
outside of the unit (say from a computer).
The unit did not understand how to re-build its internal database.
In my case i also had a "database error" message from time to time.

After some firmware upgrade and a full reset this issue looks to have stopped.

I cannot say for the message "no routeable ways in this area", but i have
created maps over almost half of europe with mkgmap 4589 just a few days ago,
have added them to two devices and both works fine with routing.

Regards
Karl