logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Styles, typ and multiple languages

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Mon Nov 9 20:19:26 GMT 2020

Hi Karl
Yes, for POI there is an address and phone number and the address
components can be misused as you suggest.
I've just experimented with this and haven't found any disruption of
normal address searches.
It is best to append to one of the address fields after any other
address processing has been done, so I suggest putting any code after:
include 'inc/address';
towards the bottom of your 'points' file
In the UK the postcode field comes last, so it looks better to append
to this, rather than the region. I've added:
opening_hours=*
  {set mkgmap:postal_code='${mkgmap:postal_code}. Open
${opening_hours}' |
                          'Open ${opening_hours}'}
website=*
  {set mkgmap:postal_code='${mkgmap:postal_code}. ${website}' |
'${website}'}
Which keeps any existing postcode and doesn't add unnecessary ". "
I don't know what the size limitations for these fields.
Ticker