logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Which options apply when.

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Nov 4 08:33:25 GMT 2020

Hi Karl,

most options are used for calculating the content of the tiles. Thus they have no effect when used in one of the combiners.
I think the most confusing option is --description. Its value is used for single tiles as well as the gmapsupp.img and it is used by splitter in the generated template.args file
A few options have no effect on the content of the tiles, they are only used in combiners. I think it would be good to mark those. Here is my list (in order of appearance in the help) of options that should not change the content of a single tile:
- all "Information options"
--gmapsupp  (a combiner option)
--gmapi (a combiner option)
--output-dir
--index (a combiner option)
--split-name-index (influences content of global index)
--mdr7-excl (influences content of global index)
--mdr7-del (influences content of global index)
--poi-excl-index (influences content of global index)
- all "Overview map options" , they are all combiner options
--list-styles (reporting, ignored by combiners)
--check-styles (reporting, ignored by combiners)
--area-name (a combiner option)
--max-jobs (performance, ignored by combiners)
--keep-going (control flow)
--check-roundabouts (it should only report)
--check-roundabout-flares  (it should only report)
--max-flare-length-ratio (reporting, ignored by combiners)
--report-similar-arcs (reporting, ignored by combiners)
--report-dead-ends (reporting, ignored by combiners)
--dead-ends (reporting, ignored by combiners)
--nsis (a combiner option)
--tdbfile (a combiner option)
--show-profiles (a combiner option)
--hide-gmapsupp-on-pc (a combiner option)
--verbose (reporting)