logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Split gmapsupp.img

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Oct 23 08:39:03 BST 2020

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 21. Oktober 2020 15:50
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Split gmapsupp.img

Hi Andrej,

great thanks, that seems to work fine.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 21. Oktober 2020 15:40
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk

Hi Gerd,

empty usb drive is treated as a SD card, where only single gmapsupp.img
is supported. Try to copy \Garmin\GarminDevice.xml from a GPS to
pendrive, then MapInstall will treat it as a real GPS.

There is other possibility. Select an empty folder on your HDD, unpack
there files from attached archive and execute vgps-install.bat. This
will create some config for MapInstall, which will use your selected
folder as a destination for maps. You can then remove installation files
from the folder.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej