logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter questions

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Thu Oct 22 11:43:34 BST 2020

Hi Karl

If you are developing these for a device that supports multiple .img
files, the option
  --add-boundary-nodes-at-admin-boundaries=NUM
allows you to build individual countries (or groups), have them all
loaded on the device, select the appropriate maps and have routing
between them.

Having larger tiles can cause 2 problems that I know of:
1/ mkgmap runs out of memory
2/ some tile .img data structures use a variable number of bytes
depending on the number of items and stepping over a threshold can
cause a jump in the final .img size and, if I remember correctly, a
more significant jump in size of some of the global indexes (MDR
structures) if just 1 tile needs more bytes.
mkgmap generates a warning when it needs to use 3 bytes to reference
Cities, Zip codes, Exit facilities or their linked highways.

Ticker