logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter questions

From 7770 7770 at foskan.eu on Thu Oct 22 10:36:46 BST 2020

Hi Gerd.

I managed to run the splitter and it completed well with
java -Xmx1800m  and setting the --max-nodes=1600000.
570 osm.pbf files were created.

For even larger maps
--max-nodes= higher should use less memory, but will those tiles be slower on
a GPS unit and how much larger value is reasonable?

The main reason for creating such a large mapdata set is to make cross border
routing to work.
Is there some other way i could produce the maps?
For example split and build map for each country separately (based on data
from geofabrik) and then stitch the countries and routing data together, is
this possible?

Regards
Karl.