logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Split gmapsupp.img

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Oct 21 13:13:07 BST 2020

Hi all,

I tried to install a mapset larger than 4GB on my  USB device with MapInstall 4.2.3 but it refuses to do so.
@Felix: Can you please describe in detail how you do it?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 20. Oktober 2020 17:14
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Split gmapsupp.img

Hi Felix,

 > Right now for scripting I can only see how to create gmapsupp part
 > files without address search.

Doesn't mkgmap combine *.img with correct index? I mean you can get like
1000 of tiles after compiling a big area, but you can combine first 500
and next 500 separately.

I'm doing something similar for my maps. I split and compile area like
Africa in one go and then I run separate tasks to create parts of
Africa, without recompiling tiles. Mkgmap calculates indexes and preview
maps basing on provided list of img.

What could be a problem with partial maps is that one country can be
split into multiple parts. This can prohibit for correct address search,
if your current position is in one part, but searched address in
another. But I haven't tested that.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej