logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Polygon fill

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Oct 21 01:17:03 BST 2020

Hi Vuki,

a general comment regarding the use of overpass in batch for mkgmap input:
If you do this only once for a single small tile that's OK. If you do it in a loop to produce multiple tiles you risk to download different versions of the same object in different tiles. Think of a situation where a mapper uploads a move of node of a longer road while your batch program is downloading. You see all kinds of weired effects when this happens, from visual distortion to bad routing.
So, for a large map with many tiles this is a bad idea. The extracts from e.g. http://download.geofabrik.de/ are the better choice for this.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 20. Oktober 2020 23:56
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Polygon fill

Hi Vuki

Looking at OSM, the latest change for one of your problem areas is:

Relation: Lake Geneva (332617)
Version  #235
Trying to fix the lake (4)
Edited 12 days ago by MFlamm
Changeset  #92217016

So most likely you've picked up an incorrect polygon.

Probably unrelated are my comments about --order-by-decreasing-area and
TYP file [_drawOrder]. Having different [_drawOrder] levels will negate
the effect of the option; it needs them all to be the same. Without a
TYP file most are the same for devices I've encountered - see
distribution file mkgmap-rNNNN/examples/typ-files/sameOrder.txt

Ticker