logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Polygon fill

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Tue Oct 20 13:56:55 BST 2020

Hi Vuki

Various possibilities / questions:

Do you do anything particular with natural=background in your style.
The default is natural=land and the default style doesn't need to
generate anything for it because the device default background isn't
sea.

Do you have a typ file? Does it assign assign a hierarchy of
[_drawOrder] levels to the different types of polygons.

With --order-by-decreasing-area, it is assumed that you give everything
except the background (0x4a/0x4b) the same value and that the device
renders polygons in the the order they appear in the .img file. It is
possible that your device doesn't do this.

In your examples, I only see parts of lakes not showing as water. As
far as I'm aware, these are not represented with coastline and sea
processing. They should have natural=water tags and generate standard
blue polygons (maybe 0x3c).

It is possible that the resolution these lakes appear at is too high,
but this is unlikely because it is showing the rivers within the lake.

Regards
Ticker