logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] DEM There is not enough room in a single garmin map for all the input data

From Joao Almeida joaoha at gmail.com on Tue Sep 15 02:42:20 BST 2020

Hi sorry I thought I had sent a response.

I created the poly with input from:
http://geojson.io/#map=2/-1.9/-22.3

I fixed the poly by changing it to:
TITLE
1
-11.21917  45.1531
-11.62209  34.99365
1.996625  35.73983
6.106414  40.61866
53.73163  36.25641
75.16701  36.08421
114.1697  42.97197
124.7262  50.37632
131.173  41.99621
142.6159  46.30106
157.2016  49.57275
188.1459  62.94648
188.1459  70.00644
138.345  74.25389
107.8036  67.25134
50.75002  58.12505
8.443355  47.85081
-10.49391  45.38269
-11.21917  45.1531
END
END

And I just posted how I fixed the DEM messages in post:

Reporting I found a fix for this.
I stopped having the messages and being able to compile my maps after I
changed the following options:

Before:
--dem-dists=3312,3312,9942,13248,26512,44176
--overview-dem-dist=88368

After:

--overview-dem-dist=88888
--dem-dists=9942

I'm not sure why some tiles where throwing the error, because I was able
to compile other areas with the original settings.

Not sure if someone has an answer or wants to investigate.

Cheers