logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] highway=unclassified & area=yes

From Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com on Sun Sep 13 13:31:28 BST 2020

Well, if these areas are legitimate OSM objects, that's one thing. But if
they're some mapper's idea of a way to customize the map for his or her (or
a company's) particular use then I think they should be removed. Especially
if they're causing routing problems.

What are they? What purpose do they serve? If those questions cannot be
answered then I say delete them.

Dave

On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 6:21 PM Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
wrote:

> I've found quite a few proper roads mapped as closed ways with
> [highway=unclassified, area=yes], but in the cases I've looked at so
> far, there has also been a correct unclosed way to represent the road.
>
> I can't think of any method using style rules to detect the case when
> there isn't this additional road, but my preference is to ignore these
> areas and so avoid messing up junctions on major roads at the expense
> of maybe not having a route over unclassified roads.
>
> Ticker

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska
Chiang Mai, Thailand