logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] DEM file options do not work

From Bernard Mai bm.ffb at gmx.de on Wed Aug 26 12:05:13 BST 2020

Dear All,

I am trying to generate a Garmin map containing not only the OSM data
and contour lines but also some DEM data to display a hill shading in
BaseCamp and on the Garmin device. The general map creation works fine
(osm data + contour lines) using the process described on my website
(www.maiwolf.de/gps).
But so far I fail to use the previously described --dem options. I am
using the latest mkgmap release and the following command line:

java -Xmx2000M -jar D:[path to mkgmap]mkgmap.jar --dem=C:\hgt
--dem-interpolation=auto --dem-dists=3312,3312,3312,13248,26512
--overview-dem-dist=88368

Some example .hgt files are found in the "C:\hgt" folder. Yet nothing
happens. No error and no output.
So I am wondering if my command line is wrong and if the latest mkgmap
version is still having the capability to generate dem data files.

I would appreaciate if somebody could describe a successful process in
more detail.

Regards,
Bernard