logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] A contribution to the vocabulary based on the mkgmap default style and typ files.

From Randolph J. Herber army.bronze.star at gmail.com on Sun Aug 9 22:26:07 BST 2020

Dear, Sirs:

nick at Pinns, UK, pointed out that Garmin had other assigned language
codes than those in the mkgmap documentation that I found and supplied
me the additional codes and language pairs. I note that three of the
languages Google Translate does not have. Those codes have been left
unused. Brazilian is Portuguese in the sense that British and American
are both English. There is a Portuguese translation in the set.
Moldavian is Romanian in Cyrillic letters and there is a Romanian
translation in the set. Montenegrin is not present at Google; but, both
Serbian and Croatian are present in the set. These are closely related
languages and may be mutually intelligible with Montenegrin. The other
languages common to Garmin and Google were given their Garmin assigned
codes. The remaining languages were given codes at 0x40 and above to
move them away from the Garmin codes.

Sincerlely,
Randolph J. Herber