logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] A contribution to the vocabulary based on the mkgmap default style and typ files.

From Randolph J. Herber army.bronze.star at gmail.com on Sun Aug 9 13:09:55 BST 2020

Dear, Sir:

Apparently, I did not make myself sufficiently clear. I apologize.
First, I request the codes from 0x23 to 0x2e so that I can assign the
correct languages to those codes. Second, and I quote myself: "I
arbitrarily assigned codes for the other languages."

I see two uses for the table I provided. First, for someone that does
not use a language whose code is 0x01 to 0x22 to use one of the "extra"
languages to fill slot 0x00 or, in fact, any of the slots to have a more
comfortable language in their Garmin receiver. Second, for some who does
not not want to do a language re-assignment, to find translations from a
more comfortable language to one of the Garmin "official" languages.

In no way to I contradict your statement: "As far as I know Garmin only
uses codes up to 0x2E."

As I said before: "I request consideration: I intend no offense and
corrections are welcome."

Sincerely,
Randolph J. Herber