logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] default style lines enhancements

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Jul 31 09:52:33 BST 2020

Hi Mike,

I don't understand that argument. If there is no existing way why should mkgmap generate one?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Mike Baggaley <mike at tvage.co.uk>
Gesendet: Freitag, 31. Juli 2020 09:38
An: 'Development list for mkgmap'
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] default style lines enhancements

Hi Gerd, the issue is not specific to car parks and will crop up with any
use of mkgmap:set_unconnected_type. I believe it also affects checking of
roundabouts and probably other things as well, so I don't see this as a
reason for not including at least a commented version in the style.

I do not agree that a highway ending at the edge of a car park is
necessarily erroneous tagging, so it seems wrong to me to be suggesting that
the problems should be 'fixed' in OSM by adding non-existent highways for
routing purposes.

Regards,
Mike