logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Unable to search for Address - GPSMAP64s

From Andrew Morris morrisa at shaw.ca on Sat Jul 18 16:42:37 BST 2020

I finally got my map conversion working and the maps load fine.  I can
pick a location on the map and routing works as well as ever (there were
always issues over the shortest distance/fastest route).  The problem is
I can't search by address, which is kind of important.

Only cities on the Basemap are being found, and only a few addresses.
If I zoom in on a point on the map the street being searched for is
shown on the map and in fact I can pick an address by that method.

So, here's what I'm doing, but I'm obviously doing something wrong:
(I installed all the jar files under /opt/mkgmap)

osmconvert canada-latest.osm.pbf -o=canada-latest.o5m
osmfilter canada-latest.o5m \
   --keep-nodes= \
   --keep-ways-relations="boundary=administrative =postal_code
postal_code=" \
   -o=canada-latest-boundries.o5m

mkdir bounds
java -cp /opt/mkgmap/mkgmap.jar \
      uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.reader.osm.boundary.BoundaryPreprocessor \
      canada-latest-boundries.o5m bounds

mkdir work
( cd work ; java -jar /opt/mkgmap/splitter.jar ../canada-latest.osm.pbf )

( cd work ; java -jar /opt/mkgmap/mkgmap.jar \
                  --route --add-pois-to-areas --preserve-element-order \
                  --housenumbers --process-exits --process-destination \
                  --split-name-index \
                  --bounds=../bounds --precomp-sea=../sea-latest.zip \
                  --series-name='Canada OSM 2020' \
                  --family-name='Canada OSM 2020' \
                  --area-name='Canada OSM 2020' \
                  --country-name='Canada' --country-abbr='CA' \
                  --description='Canada OpenStreetMap (2020)' \
                  --index --gmapsupp 6324*.osm.pbf )

The only thing I can think of is I'm doing something wrong with
osmfilter and removing too much information...

If there's some sort of check I can do on the resulting gmapsup.img
file, let me know and I'll get the results.

Thanks for any help you can provide!