logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing problem on Garmin Oregon/edge with default style (and other styles)

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Jul 8 10:46:08 BST 2020

Hi all,

attached is a patch with changes the order of the nodes without arcs to appear first. The binary is here:
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/485/mkgmap.jar

The patch seems to improve routing with Felix' test case but I still have trouble to get the demo mode working, so it woud be great to hear your results.
I seem to be unable to tell the device were it should start to simulate the route, it always starts somewhere else. Guess I have to read the manual to find out how this simulation mode has to be used...
Advantage of this patch is that it has nearly no impact on the img size.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 8. Juli 2020 10:57
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Routing problem on Garmin Oregon/edge with default style (and other styles)

Hi developers,

I analysed the Garmin demo maps with routing data and found out that there is a difference compared to the map produced by mkgmap.
Garmin maps also have route nodes without arcs, but those always appear in the first route center while mkgmap doesn't care about this order.
Also, this first route center contains ONLY contains nodes without arcs.
Such a node without arcs is typically a routing island, e.g. if a map contains a T-shaped junction without further road connections.

These nodes without arcs don't occur with Steves patch, so it might be the place which causes the trouble. I am not yet sure what happens when
a single tile contains so many nodes without arcs that they don't fit into a single route center. I did not yet find such a case in the Garmin maps.