logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap-dev Digest, Vol 143, Issue 54

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Wed Jun 24 12:49:25 BST 2020

Hi

Possibly related.

Using the default style and default zoom levels, zooming out to display
the whole of the UK took an age on my old device - the amount of detail
in each tile at the outermost map is vastly more that the pixels
available. Leaving it for a few minutes to draw everything just results
in an unreadable mess. I guess it also uses a lot of the device memory
to display so many tiles at the the same time.

What I now have is an extra outer level that is a bit like the overview
map, just shows sea/land, some borders, motorways and trunk roads and
major cities.

I have this in the mystyle/options:
 levels = 0:24, 1:22, 2:20, 3:18, 4:15

but command line option --levels="0:24,1:22,2:20,3:18,4:15" should
override the specification in the style.

Beware, adding an extra map level might make the map exceed 2G

Ticker