logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Using regex , subst, substring or other to translate value to propercase

From Joris Bo jorisbo at hotmail.com on Mon Jun 22 07:25:33 BST 2020

Hi

Does somebody ever managed to change a tag-value to propercase/titlecase?
For example Change:  amsterdam  into Amsterdam ?

Searching the string with subst function and regex mostly works fine.
Replace that search with a hardcoded or known stringvalue works fine
Split the value with substring in two parts 1(a) and 2(msterdam) works fine.
But I cannot come up with a way to change the small ‘a’ into a large ‘A’ (besides adding 26 rules to my style 😊)

Anybody any more ideas?

Kind regards,
Joris