logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] possible echotags enhancement?

From Joris Bo jorisbo at hotmail.com on Fri Jun 19 11:12:58 BST 2020

Hi

I also use this as a way of investigating the results and improve the map 😊

Very handy for less technical users as myself,  easier then overpass turbo.

I read the mkgmap echotags output in excel and get clickable http links to all output for free.

If the 'Node generated from' is an artificial node it will never work.

But still there are also a lot of nodes which today correctly mention the id its generated from.

Its just that if it’s a 'way' and you want a http request, you need to know if it was a multipolygon way to link to openstreetmap.org/<<RELATION>>/688658542 or it is a normal way or polygon linking to  openstreetmap.org/<<WAY>>/688658542

It can be solved in the relations file by adding a tag to all multipolygon relations.

Based on that value (which appears in the echotags) you can decide to use either WAY or RELATION in the HTTP request.

Never implemented it that way because I guess it’s a lot overhead

I'll try the patch, nice feature !

Kind regards

Joris