logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Misc documentation fixes

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Tue Jun 16 10:48:39 BST 2020

Hi Gerd

I think mentioning MapSource in the documentation is useful. I had not
used it before and found it trivial to install compared with the
difficulties there are in installing Basecamp on a Windows 7 machine.

Once installed it was simpler and faster than Basecamp and had
capabilities close to my eTrex HCx which seem to have been removed from
Basecamp and newer Garmin devices. I was also pleasantly surprised that
it found my --gmapi maps from the same location as Basecamp uses.

I also note that the documentation mentions QLandkarte. This has been
discontinued and QMapShack is recommended instead; but from this
information I wouldn't remove QLandKarte from the documentation and
wouldn't add QMapShack unless it is known to work with mkgmap maps.

Ticker