logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Tiles missing

From Pierre Brico pierre.brico at gmail.com on Mon Jun 15 13:08:28 BST 2020

Hi Joris,

I didn't install the map in basecamp but if it can help, I will.

On my device I've moved all maps in a separated directories to disable
them. The only one left was mine.

To create the France map, I started from belgium-latest.osm.pbf downloaded
from geofabrik.de. Then I splitted it using splitter (r597) tool and then
generated the map with mkgmap (r4525). The mkgmap command line option was:

java -Xmx8G -jar $MKGMAP_DIR/mkgmap.jar --gmapsupp \
--family-id=$FAMILY_ID \
--product-id=0 \
--product-version=1 \
--draw-priority=20 \
--family-name="OSM $COUNTRY_ISO" \
--series-name="OSM $COUNTRY_ISO" \
--country-name="$COUNTRY" \
--country-abbr="$COUNTRY_ISO" \
--max-jobs=8 \
--latin1 \
--split-name-index \
--housenumbers \
--reduce-point-density=4 \
--reduce-point-density-polygon=8 \
--min-size-polygon=8 \
--polygon-size-limits="24:12, 18:10, 16:8, 14:4, 12:2, 11:0" \
--route \
--make-opposite-cycleways \
--add-pois-to-areas \
--process-destination \
--process-exits \
--order-by-decreasing-area \
--keep-going \
--style-file=$MKGMAP_DIR/resources/styles --style=default \
--bounds=$BOUNDS_FILE \
--precomp-sea=$SEA_FILE \
-c template.args ../typ/2000.typ \
--description="OSM custom routable(${COUNTRY_ISO}_$(date "+%d-%m-%Y"))"

with template.args coming from the splitter step.

Note that I've identified a (amongst several) missing tile and the name of
the tile was in the template.args. Moreover, the tile which doesn't display
on my device, is shown by GMapTool on the final IMG.

Thanks for your help,
Pierre