logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] is_in() function for point on line

From Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk on Mon Jun 8 22:45:59 BST 2020

Hi Gerd, I've tried out the --add-pois-to-lines=mid option and it seems to work well, giving me something like a 5% performance improvement. There are a couple of errors in the documentation - it doesn't explain what 'other' does, and there's no option for 'inner' (should 'other' read 'inner' in the option?).  Also it says that the default is to create all possible POI - I assume this is the default if the option is provided with no value and that the default is for no POIs to be added.

You haven't mentioned whether the patch also allows the creation of POIS from the lines style file - I'm assuming it is just the command line.

Thanks for the quick implementation,
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerd Petermann [mailto:gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com]
Sent: 03 June 2020 08:40
To: Mike Baggaley <mike at tvage.co.uk>; 'Development list for mkgmap' <mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] is_in() function for point on line

Hi Joris, Hi Mike,

I've implemented the suggested improvements with r4507. Please suggest improvements for the documentation changes.
I did not yet document the new prefix mkgmap:from-node: in the style because I found no simple description. Feel free to suggest something.
Reg. the implementation:
I decided to ignore all tags with the prefix mkgmap: , e,g. those from the LocationHook like mkgmap:admin_level2. It might happen that the values for the node are different to those copied from the way, but I don't assume that anybody wants to add extra rules for that.
Maybe I should change it the other way around so that the generated POI gets the "exact" values from the node (without the mkgmap:from-node: prefix?

The code should also work for POIs added with the --add-pois-to-areas option when the generated POI is using the location of a node because of the --pois-to-areas-placement option.