logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Nearby POIs

From Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk on Mon Jun 8 15:20:59 BST 2020

Hi Gerd, The solution gets rid of the unexpected error message, however, it
does not delete POIs that were originally coincident. Perhaps a better
solution would be not use the set of locations for testing uniqueness in
removeSimpleDuplicates, instead using a list and trawl the list using high
precision comparison to determine whether the coordinate matches another. It
could even compare both in high precision and displayed precision so that
POIs which have been moved to be coincident are also removed. As the list
will only contain a few coordinates it shouldn't be expensive. To help
minimise enumerations, the list could be ordered by longitude or latitude if
necessary. Another option would be to derive a class with different iterator
comparator which might be useful elsewhere.

Regards,
Mike

>I added options --route --link-pois-to-ways and finally could reproduce the
problem with the small file.
>Should be fixed with  r4523. The high-prec-stuff makes many things better
but it is also is a constant source for problems like these