logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Maps with contours shows two maps in some devices (i.e. Zumo XT)

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Jun 8 10:14:13 BST 2020

Hi Enrico,

no idea if a single gmapsupp.img can contain two map sets with different family ids and multiple typ files.
Is it important for you that you have the contours in a different map set? If not, I would merge the osm data and the contour data first, use splitter on the merged data to have a single map containing osm data and contours. That's how I create my own maps.
The only problem that you have to take care of is that the contour data must not contain ids which overlap the OSM ids.

I just noticed that my file Hoehendaten_Freizeitkarte_EUROPE.osm.pbf contains node ids starting with 7.500.000.000, so I have to create or download a new file now.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Enrico Liboni <eliboni at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Montag, 8. Juni 2020 10:22
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Maps with contours shows two maps in some devices (i.e. Zumo XT)

Hi there.

I create my maps with contours using the following command

java -jar ./mkgmap/mkgmap.jar  --description="$family_name - OSM" --output-dir="$dest"/ \
 --family-id=10030 --product-id=1  --family-name="$family_name - Map"  --route --remove-short-arcs  --bounds=bounds.zip \
 --precomp-sea=sea.zip  --location-autofill=is_in,nearest --draw-priority=20  --gmapsupp  --index --housenumbers  "$work"/"$suffix"*osm.pbf  ./typ/gspeed.typ    \
 --family-id=10031 --product-id=1  --family-name="$family_name - Contours" --draw-priority=10000  --transparent   $contours ./typ/gspeedContours.typ

In blue the part that refers to contours. Mapids for the two sets are different.

On my Garmin Montana I see just one map with the name passed in --description option ($family_name - OSM).
On an old Garmin Nuvi I see two maps, the real map with streets (named $family_name - Map) and the one with contours (named $family_name - Contours), which I can enable/disable individually.
On the new Garmin Zumo XT I see two maps, both named $family_name - OSM. I can't disable just one of the two, they seems to be linked and it is weirs they show up with very same name in the list.

Question: is there a way I can merge the two maps so I get the same behaviour anywhere?

Thanks!
Enrico