logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Usage of DEM files within zip

From Joris Bo jorisbo at hotmail.com on Sun Jun 7 19:45:19 BST 2020

Hi

I struggled today with the DEM/hgt files in a zip. After downloading some extra and checking/rezipping finally my maps did not work anymore.
I do not have the exact error anymore but it was clear: DEM HGT files not found

Now it looks like if the ZIP does not have a folder but only the HGT files on the root of the zip then mkgmap does not recognize them
If I rezip everything again and put the files within a subfolder first, it is oke.
For me its fine, I solved 'my' issue, but if this is true it could better be in the manual or solved in code.

Looks like this does not work:
world-hgt.zip\N00E006.hgt
world-hgt.zip\N00E007.hgt
world-hgt.zip\N00E008.hgt