logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Swaziland changed name to Eswatini

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Jun 6 18:52:05 BST 2020

Hi Dave,

I would draw the oneway arrows in the middle of the road, but you are right, I typically cycle in drive-right countries, and when I cycle in the UK or Ireland I use a ferry to get there, so there is never a situation where I change the lanes.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Dave <dfjkman at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Samstag, 6. Juni 2020 19:33
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Swaziland changed name to Eswatini

Hi Gerd,

It may not be clear if you only make maps for drive on right countries, but have a look at the attached images from a dual carriage way in Lusaka, Zambia is drive on left. If the type arrows are on the right of the carriageways the following is the result, at Low zoom level in BaseCamp the arrows are in the wrong direction. At medium zoom they are under the carriageways and at high zoom they are mixed together in the middle of the carriageways. This does not occur if the arrows are on the left.

If you are only making maps covering one country it is fine but at a border post between countries of different drivesides there are likely to be one ways and the direction of the arrows would be important.

Maps downloaded from http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/ would benefit from this in particular.

Dave