logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Performance of POI search on the Device

From Franco Bez franco.bez at web.de on Sat Jun 6 09:39:09 BST 2020

Hi Gerd,

I tried out my old Oregon 550 and my ZUMO 396

The Oregon 550 behaves almost identical to the Oregon 750t. The boundary
layer slows down the POI search by factor 10.

Round about 1 sec without and 9 sec with the boundary layer.

If I put all transparent layers on the SD Card it's 50 sec. I assume the
biggest impact comes fron my contourlines layer with DEM Data for all of
Europe (3,7GB size).

The Zumo seems to be faster. The boundary layer is no big problem (maybe
1 sec penalty). But when I put my contourlines layer on the Zumo it
slows down extremely.

The GARMIN Firmware bug seems to affect several devices, if not all.

Ciao,

Franco