logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] location-autofill=nearest : Does it work at all?

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Jun 5 10:41:52 BST 2020

Hi all,

I try to understand the code in Locator that is involved when a POI has no address tags, esp. mkgmap:country and mkgmap:city.

The usage of tag is_in is deprecated and thus I wondered if the source which tries to find a usable city name by analysing it is still of any use. To my surprise I found out that also the nearest option probably is of no use since long, probably since r2271 which was created in 2012.

Now I wonder if I should try to make it work again or if I should simply remove the code which doesn't work.