logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Garmin types

From ael witwall3 at disroot.org on Tue Jun 2 12:43:19 BST 2020

On Mon, Jun 01, 2020 at 01:04:19PM +0100, Ticker Berkin wrote:
> As others have said, Garmin devices are not consistent their support of
> these so it is best not to hope for a definitive list.

Indeed. I understand that. And it is clear how I could construct a
pseude-map to investigate what my Etrek-20 does, although I think it
is the same as the Etrek-10 & Etrek-30 which I think are already listed.
Although I suspect that there might be minor cahnges depending on
the firmware version.

> Again, as others have responded, there are quite a few of these lists
> already, and I'm guilty of having my own, rather than adding to a
> relevant WIKI, which is the best place for this information.

So should I or someone else add something on the wiki? I really think
that the current documentation is hopeless for someone who has not
come across this sort of information before. Although all the useful
posts people have contributed to this thread show how much is
available, it is not easy to find unless you happen on exactly
the right search terms.

ael